Tuesday 15 September 2015

#LCHF - it's been a year!

I have now been living the LCHF lifestyle for a year. I am so grateful that I discovered this way of eating when I did. Not only has it given me my life back, but it has also helped my kids with some of their own health issues. Hubby still fiercely holds onto his gluten and carby foods and I have no intention of trying to force him to eat how I do - not that I could anyway. He is the only person I know that is more stubborn and determined than I am. But I am hopeful that down the track when he realises what it has done for me, he may think twice and give the lifestyle a chance. I feed the kids this way as much as possible, but now that I work Sundays and he is in charge of them, they tend to eat his way. I am ok with that, as long as he doesn't load them up with sugar as he's done in the past and keeps Bella away from gluten. 

It's been an interesting week. Hubby had a 3 day weekend (which was nice considering he normally works a 60+ hour week) and we had a Breaking Bad marathon. Have I mentioned that I have a highly addictive personality? If I find an author, actor, movie or TV series that I like, I then set out to read/watch anything that I can get my hands on. I've had this obsession since childhood and needless to say, it hasn't gotten any better as I've aged! Anyway, we watched the entire 6 seasons and now I am feeling a little flat and having BB withdrawals, or even a BB hangover. Other shows/movies/books that I've been obsessed with in the past include Moonlight, Dexter, Outlander, True Blood and books by James Herbert, Victoria Holt and Barbara Erskine - to name a few. The endings play on my mind and I start to wonder what happens to the characters after the show and begin to understand how my readers feel and why they keep asking me when the next book will be out!

This week was tough on my Aspie son as he's been without both his laptop and his Wiiu Gamepad. Both were damaged as he is rough on his gadgets and were away getting repaired. It was hard for him as it coincided with the much awaited Mario game being released that he'd saved up to buy, but couldn't play it for a few days. His frustration was alleviated a little by getting to meet his favourite author and get his latest book signed. He's been a big fan of Andy Griffiths for a while now and has read every book he could get his hands on. We stood in line for an hour and a half so he could meet him and get his photo taken. Looks like my obsessive personality may have passed on to him.

Beautiful Bella has been her usual whirlwind self. She's gorgeous and resembles an angel, but she is totally the opposite, believe me. She hates order and lives for chaos. Nothing is ever put away and she spends her day dragging out toys, desperately trying to change her clothes and looking for things that she is not allowed to touch or get into. It is exhausting to say the least, but she is also extremely entertaining and such brilliant company. One smile, cuddle or kiss and she is forgiven, it seems.

The weather is starting to warm up again and we are all hanging out to being able to get back into the pool. It's something we all do together as a family - quality time at its best! Both of the kids are water babies and hubby and I love nothing better than a nice cool swim on a hot summers day. No doubt, there will be a few of them in the near future.

I know if I am a bit more disciplined and work at it, I will continue to improve and my health will keep getting better and better. I've come a long way in 12 months and will keep singing LCHF's praises :)




3 comments:

  1. Far out!
    Can't believe it has been a year for you?
    You must be so dam proud Gladys! And you so you should be :)
    I think you are amazing and such an inspiration to me, and I am sure a heap of other people also :)
    Super proud of you xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - this year has flown by! I've learned so much since I first started too. It is a way of life for me now and just second nature to eat this way.
      Thank you, I am kind of proud of me too :)

      Delete
  2. Far out!
    Can't believe it has been a year for you?
    You must be so dam proud Gladys! And you so you should be :)
    I think you are amazing and such an inspiration to me, and I am sure a heap of other people also :)
    Super proud of you xx

    ReplyDelete